MDI Manufacturing & Design Inc. offers an extensive line of standard and custom components for furniture, healthcare, display and other industries. Our products include casters, leveling glides, adjustment knobs, tube connectors, and adaptors. With more than 25 years of experience, we are a trusted supplier to O.E.M.S and distributors throughout the U.S, Canada, and Mexico.
Our products are designed to meet the highest quality standards and provide reliable performance. Find out what we can do for you when it comes to custom and standard components by reading on.
What is a standard component?
Standard components are individual parts that meet the same size, weight, and material specifications and are usually manufactured in large batches. Parts are pre-manufactured in advance to assist the product’s production. Taking a steel bolt as an example, there are many standard bolt sizes available. Each size is, however, produced following international standards.
How to choose the right component for your needs?
Standard components are essential for mass production in any industry. Many of the products we buy and use today can be mass-produced in thousands or millions, ready to be sold.
Here’s what you need to consider when choosing the right component for your needs:
- Determine the component’s purpose: The first step in choosing the right standard component for your needs is to determine the component’s purpose. Are you looking for a component that will be used for data storage, networking, or another purpose? Once you know the component’s purpose, you can narrow down your choices. It makes it easier for you too.
- Consider your budget: Standard components can vary widely in price, so choosing one that fits your budget is necessary. Note that cheaper parts may not offer the same quality or features as more expensive ones.
- Compare features of available components: Once you’ve determined your budget and the component’s purpose, you can compare features. Some features include data storage capacity, speed, compatibility, and warranty. Make sure to compare apples to apples when looking at features, as some components may have more or less of a particular feature than others.
- Check out the reviews: You can understand how the component can benefit your project. Before purchasing, read reviews of the standard component you’re considering. Reviews can give you insight into a product’s quality, performance, and any potential issues you should be aware of.
MDI’s product line includes industrial and furniture casters, glides, levelers, tube closures, connectors, adapters, and metal and plastic hardware components, as well as tube closures and connectors.
Custom components are also available from us. Our company can also produce polyurethane molded parts, and custom injection molded parts tailored to your requirements.
Here are the standard components that we can offer you:
An object is moved using a caster, an unpowered wheel attached to the bottom of a bigger object. Material handling equipment, shopping carts, and ergonomic chairs use caster wheels.
The twin-wheel casters we offer are perfect for furniture and institutional applications. We provide casters in sizes ranging from 45mm to 125mm. We also offer wheels that can be locked and unlocked. We offer all types of mounting options.
The leveling glide assembly is attached to the foot of a table leg. Below the foot of the table is a flat, floor-engaging glide support. The foot has a threaded bore that engages a threaded stem. The stem has an adjusting knob. On the top side of the foot, the adjusting knob is recessed in a cavity. Users can quickly move the support away from the foot and level the table by pulling the knob and rotating the stem.
We are capable of custom manufacturing adjustable leg leveling glides. Glides’ specifications include the base size ranging from 0.125 “to 2” in diameter.
Adjustment knobs are generally used to focus the microscope. Any stud or insert can be used for MDI adjustment/utility knobs.
Metal Threaded Adapters & Tube Connectors
Heat-treated connectors & adapters are available to fit 14 Ga. and 18 Ga. Round and square tubes. Special sizes are available.
Plastic Components & Tube Closures
MDI manufactures three styles of plastic tube closures available in several sizes, materials, and colors.
We offer a wide array of bases, frames, arms, backs, mechanisms, gas lifts, casters, and custom components.
MDI’s polyurethane seat and back are designed for long-term seating and lasting use in the most challenging working environment.
Fixture & Display Components
We distribute various fixtures and displays, including Stands & Racks, Tubular Columns, cast bases, and wire forms.
The following are the benefits you get when you use MDI components in your manufacturing.
- Consistent Quality: One of the primary benefits of using standard components is that it helps to ensure consistent quality. When products are made with consistent, high-quality components, they are more likely to function correctly and last longer. Additionally, using standard components can help to reduce manufacturing costs as fewer defects are likely to occur.
- Reduced Costs: Using standard components can also help reduce the project’s cost. It is possible for companies who use the same components across many products to take advantage of economies of scale to purchase components at a lower price by buying them in bulk.It has been shown that standard components can also reduce assembly time and simplify the manufacturing process.
- Increased Efficiency: By using standard components, companies can reduce the amount of custom work they need to do and take advantage of their existing infrastructure, thereby reducing costs. By using standard components, companies can also take advantage of existing knowledge and expertise, improving efficiency by allowing them to benefit from the existing expertise.
- Improved Interoperability: In addition to enhancing interoperability, standard components are also helpful in reducing complexity. A system built with standardized components is more likely to be compatible with one another, enabling seamless work and collaboration.In industries such as healthcare, where interoperability is essential for the safety of patients, such as pharmaceuticals, this is particularly relevant.
- Greater Flexibility: As a final and perhaps more important consideration, standard components can also provide greater flexibility for companies since they can easily swap out or upgrade components as necessary.It is especially beneficial for companies that operate in rapidly changing industries where their products are required to be able to be adapted to adapt to new demands fast to remain competitive.
We supply the parts that make other products work
Standard and custom components are essential for many businesses. By understanding the key value proposition of a company supplying standard and custom components, you can decide which supplier to work with.
Request a quote to get started. We would be glad to provide you with a competitive price estimate and discuss your specific needs.